LIFESTYLE CHANGEWe all have different lifestyles and some of us go to extremes - swinging the pendulum from left to right as far as it will reach - when one moment we'll be full on into work, eating out, drinking, no time to cook, public transport to work rather than walking, no exercise or the occasional session then we'll go in exactly the opposite direction putting all our effort into a new fitness program, perhaps a marathon (for the real achievers here), no alcohol, no food treats..."oh no, I couldn't possibly eat that yummy morsel, no enjoyment here!" etc etc and then wonder why it doesn't last.
IT MUST BE SUSTAINABLEI hear you saying BORING!! I want an over night change...I have to have an overnight change! I need a really good looking beach bod, its my birthday, I need to be looking good for Mr/Miss X in less than a week...this sustainable stuff isn't going to work for me I need results today! Lets take a breath and realise - all going to plan - we'll be here enjoying our lives for many years to come...we're here for a "good time and a long time." And frankly, the amount of weight you'll lose in a week won't be noticeable to anyone other than your closest friend so lets focus on the next year but in 6 week to 3 month blocks. A little tip...have you ever noticed that people who don't make small lifestyle changes but drastically change for a week or two keep getting bigger and BIGGER and BIGGER every single year!!! Don't be one of them!! The goods news is when you start focussing on your health and well-being being sustainable you can make incremental SMART changes that suits what you really want in life. In order to make your lifestyle sustainable you need to decide what is important to you in life, how you want to live your life (ultimately, don't hold back), what is your ideal size and weight.
SUSTAINABLE WEIGHT LOSS QUESTIONS
- What and who are important to me?
- What is my ultimate lifestyle? What does it look like? How much energy does it require?
- What achievements do I want that are dependent on my physical health and energy? Tip..maybe everything?
- What is my ideal size and weight? What size is the healthy me?
SUSTAINABLE WEIGHT LOSS - 4 Simple steps to get started
- CUT OUT ADDICTIVE FOOD - its time to stop eating chemicals. MSG and other chemicals are addictive and in a lot of food on our supermarket shelves. This is one significant reason for people overeating - YOU'RE NOT FAT, YOU'RE ADDICTED! Start reading labels and eating more whole fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
- EAT FRUITS & VEGETABLES - fresh fruit and vegetables MUST make up at least 70% of what you eat. Have variety, go to farmers markets and buy locally.
- EXERCISE - Walk for 45 minutes per day 5 - 7 times per week. Preferably outside with fresh air and sunshine
- BREATHE - breathe deeply and fully into your belly. Start with IN for 4 counts, HOLD for 4 counts, OUT for 4 counts, HOLD for 2 counts and REPEAT 10 times. Do this daily.
“Fasting is the greatest remedy, the physician within” – Philippus Paracelsus MD “I Fast for Greater Physical and Mental Efficiency” – Plato Cleansing for Life & Vitality We fast to bring our body back into balance, to heal, and to allow it to let go of any excess toxins (including fat). A clogged colon makes ...